Arts, Creative and Media
Geoffrey Collins & Co has many years experience helping clients in the arts, creative and media sectors. These include artists, art galleries, musicians, writers and journalists.
Besides my range of standard services, I provide specialist help for clients in this sector to deal with their financial affairs.
I can advise on:
- Accounting and VAT treatment of commission arrangements with art galleries and other distributors
- Obtaining refunds of tax withheld from pay for irregular lecturing or academic engagements
- Income recognition in respect of payments in advance
- The tax treatment of copyright royalties
Geoffrey Collins & Co act for many clients in the high-tech sector including many software consultants and developers.
Besides our range of standard services, I provide specialist services to help these clients deal with the tax issues common to many high-tech businesses. These include:
- Advising on revenue recognition under international accounting standards
- Advising on the recovery of overseas tax credits on software royalties
- Reviewing contracts of for employment status under IR35 and calculating deemed salary payments
- Advising on the VAT treatment of international services
Geoffrey Collins & Co act for a number of Irish corporate clients, preparing their annual accounts under Irish accounting standards and company law for submission to the Irish Companies Registration Office in Dublin. I have link with a firm of Irish tax advisers who take care of Irish corporation tax filings.
If you are an overseas group contemplating taking advantage of Ireland’s low tax regime, get in touch with us first